Sarah Garza has been in the performing arts for 20 years. She started at Roquemore Performing Arts, continued at Academy of Dance, Center Stage and Avant. She opened Art In Motion at age 19. She’s taken classes by celebrity dancers and choreographers such as: Nick Lazzarini, Danny Tidwell, Mandy Moore, Mollee Gray, NappyTabs, Dan Karaty, Stacy Tookey which are all from So You Think You Can Dance. She has also taken classes from Justin Timberlake’s exclusive choreographer, Marty Kudelka, High School Musical’s Choreographer, Bonnie Story, Hip Hop Queen, Dina Rizzo, Ivan Koumaev from SYTYCD & Disney Channel’s Make Your Mark, Phi from Jabbawockeez, and Lisette Bustamante and TOKYO who are big inspirations. Her Competition Company has done great each season with winning several First Place and getting First Overall each year. They have also qualified for Nationals. She’s won Judge’s Choice Award for Artistic Vision with a contemporary piece. She has also won the Step Up Movie Photo Contest #IDanceBecause. She is currently receiving her dance teacher certification from Dance Teacher University in conjunction with the University of Nevada. She has taught creative movement, ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, and character. Judges and parents comments on her choreography: Unique, creative, funny, captivating, and heartfelt. Her mission is to make people love dance in its art form and find the beauty within the dancer's imperfections. She wants children to learn how to become confident so they are ready for whatever life throws at them. “The stage is my canvas & I dance because it’s my way of telling people who I am” – Sarah Garza
Lecie Langille is a Navy wife from Santa Fe, New Mexico. She has an Associate of Fine Arts in Performing Arts and a Bachelor of Science in Dance Education. She is also certified through Dance Visions Independent Dance Association in American Rhythm, Smooth, Salsa, and International Ballroom and Latin. She has performed with both community and professional companies across the country doing contemporary, modern, jazz, flamenco, musical theatre and aerial dance. She performed on a cruise ship, worked with corporate production companies and competed professionally in the American Style Smooth and Rhythm for many years winning titles across the country. She has worked with the Ballroom Dance Teachers College to help train teachers in the United States and internationally. She has taught ballet, jazz, contemporary, modern and hip hop in various schools. She has also taught the New Mexico State Dance Sport Team at New Mexico State University, where she received her degree.
Vivian Rogerio is currently a senior at Texas A&M University -Kingsville majoring in Criminology with a Minor in Art. She's from Laredo Tx and she found her passion for dancing when she was young. She has 12 years of dance experience under her belt which includes ballet, jazz, hip hop, and competitive dance section routine dances such as pom and military. She's had the pleasure of being part of different dance studios such as Higher Grounds and All American Dance Studio, as well as being a member of a College dance team where she was Co-Captain for 3 years. She describes this as an amazing experience which has helped her as a choreographer. She choreographed in Laredo Texas for a Middle school dance team which won titles as Grand Champions this past year in the categories of pom and hip hop. She loves being able to help many fulfill their dreams in becoming dancers. "It's tough in the beginning but it pays off in the end and giving up is never an option in my eyes. You don't just dance with your smile, you dance with your body and soul. I love teaching all ages because as someone once said ' No matter what age you are, dance is for everyone plain and simple'. " Vivian Rogerio
-I've had the pleasure of photographing the dancers from Art in Motion Dance Studio for some time now. During that time I've seen studio owner Sarah Garza teach and instill her art & passion for dance into so many young people! Roy Garza - Forkes Photography
- Great Recital! Thanks for bringing the joy of dancing into my daughters life! - Angela
- Ms. Sarah. I would like to thank you for all your wonderful and hardwork with Olivia and the children. The recital was OUTSTANDING!! I am so proud to have a child under your direction. I have had children involved in dance since 1987 and capering since 1988. I have never been so mesmerized by a teachers performance as I was with yours. I have to be honest with you, I've been researching tryouts for "So You Think You Can Dance" for you, cause I think you can. Unfortunately they haven't posted them yet. But I hope when they do, you will. You are awesome!! - Diane
- You are so talented Sarah, I know it is going to be beautiful beacause you are AWESOME at what you do!!! - Melanie T.
- Another great Spring Recital!! Thank you Sarah for all your hard work. - Christina
- I had so much fun at my dance recital!!! My friends and I did great in our dances!!! We couldn't do it without you Sarah!!! - Landrie
-Thank you again for this GREAT experience Sarah! - Danielle
- You are one beautiful, talented and special Dance teacher. You are Melanie's role model. Thank you for all that you do and for giving her a beautiful inspiration to dance. She loves it with a passion❤ Your doing an awesome job!!!! - Brenda
-Art in Motion is the best Mrs.SARAH IS the best she has sense of humor and she makes it so easy for anyone if you haven't danced before go to Mrs.Sarah You will Learn tons of new dances. - Lauren